The Ontario Fire Administration Inc. Candidate Testing Services (CTS) consists of six (6) steps. The following information on the subsequent pages is a description of each of the six steps, and the activities involved in each step. Step Four consists of our assessments.
The following outlines all of the OFAI assessments in Step Four which, if passed successfully, will enable you to receive your OFAI certificates. This certification will enable you to apply to participating municipalities. It is important to note that all candidates must follow the testing process as outlined, by each stage. Everyone starts at Stage One and continues through the process. If a candidate does not pass one assessment, they cannot continue to the next assessment. In addition, candidates will only pay for the assessments that they take. Click on the following assessments for information, pricing, validity periods and re-testing policies.
- Stage One - National Fire Select Test
- Stage Two, Part One - Medical Screening
- Stage Two, Part Two - Clinical Assessment
- CPAT Orientation (optional)
- Stage Three, Part One - Candidate Physical Ability Test
- Stage Three, Part Two - Firefighter Technical Skills Assessment
The following diagram outlines our CTS process.